Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm Employed!!

Yesterday morning I drove up to St. Charles and met with some lovely people who, after finding me lovely in return, decided to give me a job. I am a photographer for HR Imaging Partners. I will start out taking registration and picture day portraits of underclass students. Then, after they have trained me more and I feel more comfortable, I can move into studio photography and candid photography of school events. Also, they said I would probably spend some time in the lab editing as well. Next week I go in to fill out all of the emplyment forms, then, the week of the 14-18 is training, and then school registration starts! Every day is different. I get to go to schools all over the area and meet a lot of people. And they pay for my gas, which is nice. I am very excited. Here is a blurb about the company:


HR Imaging Partners, Inc. is a photographic company dedicated to the school markets in the Midwest. Root Studios is our oldest company with a great heritage in Illinois since 1889. Our other partner studios also have an equally proud record of providing top-level support to schools they work with. Although HR Imaging Partners, Inc. is a new name, the experienced staff our schools have partnered with remains as strong as ever.
HR Imaging Partners, Inc. was born as a reflection of our continuing partnership with the schools we serve, of the enhanced partnership between our individual studios, and of the way digital technology has allowed us to expand the products and services we provide to schools throughout the Midwest.
What hasn't changed is our commitment to our schools- and their students. That's absolute.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, sweetie! I'm totally excited for you.

rasty said...

Careen!!! That's fabulous and you were almost a photography major once so that's fantastic!!!

In case you couldn't tell by the exclamation points I'm so estatic for you! ;)

CINDI said...

CONGRATS!!!! You will be great. How many hours will this involve? So very exciting.

Laurel said...

Yeah for you! Though I'm a little sad I can't make fun of you for being a lady of leisure anymore.

JR Geoffrion said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!