Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter

Mark and I didn't really celebrate Easter last year. We observed it (i.e. went to church). But, after so many years in college, I had grown unaccustomed to keeping/making traditions, because it was just me. This year, I feel much more settled in my new life and, with the baby on the way, I wanted to get back in the habit of celebrating. Since we hadn't worked out our Easter traditions yet, we had three Easter bunnies come to our house. The first bunny was the Barrett bunny. The Barrett bunny brought us books, of coarse (i.e. Barnes and Noble gift cards). The Barrett bunny also made some Rice Krispie nests, set out some favorite Easter candies, and made us pose for a family picture. The second bunny was the Valentine bunny. The Valentine bunny made us some delicious Golden Toast for breakfast. The third bunny was the "Try Out a New Tradition" bunny. This bunny made a yummy yummy Easter dinner. We had ham (generally traditional), funeral potatoes (a Mormon tradition), and sunshine carrots (an exquisitely tasty Barrett favorite that has long been neglected). Since we still have a pretty small family, we invited some friends over to share our Easter dinner. All in all, it was a lovely day. And, of coarse, conference made it all the lovelier.

By the way, I made that Easter feast all my myself. I'm learning!
The last picture is me at 22 weeks.





6 comments:

Sarah McK said...

I must say, you are a stunningly beautiful pregnant woman! You're like a model for a maternity store!

CINDI said...

I love sunshine carrots. I am glad they have made a come back to the start of a new generation.

Jessie Evans said...

You are so beautiful pregnant!!

Laus said...

Look at you getting into good marriage techniques--bringing traditions together and creating some of your own and mommyhood suits you well...but when did Mark shave his head?

CValentine said...

He shaved it over Christmas 08.

Laus said...

Seriously? Mark where have you been on this blog???!! ;) I was thinking did he shave it to mirror your belly...but okay.