Saturday, August 13, 2011

6 August 2011

Guess what. I am ONE YEAR OLD!!!

Isn't that exciting!


I've never had a birthday before, but it turns out they are great fun.

First thing, Mom and Dad came in my room to wake me up and sang
me a happy birthday song. Several people sang it to me throughout the day, so I imagine it's the same one you are familiar with.

Then I put on my birthday outfit and got my one-year-old pictures taken. How do I look?



What can I say? The camera loves me...I love the camera. It just works.

For lunch, I went to Five Guys. Have you heard of it? It's pretty much the best burger place...ever. Though, I think I will have to go back when I have more teeth, because hamburger is still pretty hard for me to chew.


Look! My friends came to eat with me. Sorry you all look so silly in this picture. I was the only one smart enough to keep my eyes on my burger.





When I was done eating, Poppa carried me to the car and I went home to pretend to take a nap.


Finally, Daddy came to get me out of bed and our house was all decorated for a PARTY; a party all for ME.






Birthday parties are great. All of your friends come over and watch you do fun things. First I opened presents.


I got so excited about the lids that Nonna brought me, that I puked! I was a little embarrassed.


Then my friends helped me play with my new toys while all of our grown-ups sat around and smiled at us.


Then there was cake. Mom got two fancy cupcakes from Jilly's Cupcake Bar. You may have seen them here. I picked the carrot cake cupcake. Despite it's tantalizing beauty, I just didn't like it very much.


So, I tried the chocolate ganache. Unfortunately, I didn't like it any better.


But, don't worry. I'm pretty sure those beautiful cupcakes didn't go to waste, and I finally found one I liked. Mom and Nonna made yellow cupcakes with citrus butter frosting for my guests. I tried one and knew they were made with love. YUM!





Oh, here's a random picture of Dad being silly, sitting in front of a wall covered with nice things people had to say about me.


See, I told you it didn't go to waste...


I love being one year old. I feel like such a big boy. And, now that I know how much fun birthdays are, I can't wait to turn two!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy birthday Dillon! That first picture is priceless.

Adam said...

Fun pics! Are you sure it was such a good idea to host such an awesome party for Dillon's first? Expectations will be high for future birthdays... ;)

Danelle said...

WOW! I went to Five Guys Burgers for the first time today! It was fate that I read this post. (I loved it, so good and fresh and I loved the fries!) I love Dillon's bday festivities. I loved that he got so excited that he puked, and that Daddy wore funny glasses, really funny! Lovely party, Careen!