Saturday, September 8, 2012

Birthday party 2

Donuts for breakfast, big helium balloons, swimming, Wendy's for lunch, a dance party with presents, cheesecake, and 700 balloons. Not bad for a birthday on the road.

Mark and his brother spent the morning blowing up balloons. They filled an entire bedroom, over halfway to the ceiling. After the party, they filled the stairwell to the basement, and the big boys rode down the stairs on mattresses, into the balloons. I confess I took a ride myself, although, I was smart enough to go down with Mark in front of me, so he could be the one to run into the wall at the bottom.

Dillon had a wonderful day, which is all that matters to me. We want to thank Daddy for all the hard work, Tutu (Dillon's paternal maternal great grandmother) and DJ, and the M family, for coming to his party, and, of coarse, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle D for their love and hospitality.

4 comments:

JV said...

It was one of the highlights of our summer! Thank you for sharing that amazing young man and all the fun of a 2 year old party. We loved it!

Alan said...

Best balloon party ever.

Laus said...

You're hired. I expect no less than 700 balloons for Andrew's 2 year old party next year. ;) Seriously looks like you all had a fabulous time! So happy for you and happy to see D growing and growing!

Amy and Spencer said...

I love the balloon idea and it looks like Dillon loved it too! Awesome job!