Thursday, April 3, 2008

Never say never...

I always said I would never have a blog. But now that I am getting married, my friends insist that I have one. It's as if they didn't care about the mundane details of my life until I found my eternal accessory. What does a girl need to make her life interesting? A husband, of course. I am still unconvinced that my life is going to become any more "blogworthy" than it has been, but the social pressure is intense. Maybe convincing other people to follow suit makes people feel better about having blogged away all of their privacy. And yet, I am curiously excited to join the ranks. It makes me feel special, in a way, that people want to read and comment on my life.

Now that I’ve been convinced, set up the blog, and am officially "one of you" (I'm surprised there isn't some sort of initiation, unless it was finding a husband), I only have one problem. How do I tell my fiance? Part of what he loves about me is my fierce reaction to social pressure, hesitancy to conform to the norm, and the fact that I refused to create a "wedding website." Add to this the fact that, not only do we now have a blog, but I used a quippy play on his last name in my christening of that blog. But in the end, whether or not he understands, he will always love me. And whether he likes it or not…I am a blogger.


8 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

I'm so glad you're a blogger because it's a great way to stay in touch when you move far far away from me.

Brandi Lyn said...

You are AWESOME!! I'm SO glad you have a blog! You are so cute and i loved your announcement, you guys are a cute couple. Well, welcome to the blogging world; i'm so excited to experience all of your adventures as newlyweds with you vicariously through your blog.

love ya

Unknown said...

Welcome to the dark side.

The blog will only increase pressure to have kids, which starts immediately once you get married. Enjoy!

CINDI said...

Hurrah! I love this. Now I can read about your life while I live my dull, boring one.

Tiff said...

Ah - welcome to the blog world. :)

Jessie Evans said...

If you want me to take this blog seriously, you're going to have to post more often. Now I want to see pictures of Rachael's bridal shower.

Laurel said...

your blog is boring. you never write on it.

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Welcome to the fray. I also was resistant to create a blog, but was pressured into it by friends. Just know that there are different levels of blogging--there are the die-hard bloggers who never stop uploading new things to their blog; the occasional bloggers who post important news and random fun pictures and stories; then there's me--the hit and miss blogger--those who get really into it for about a week, only to lapse into blogging oblivion for a couple of months. Again, welcome!