Monday, June 9, 2008

Careen Valentine of Clayton, MO

Sorry, but no picture on this post. But, I can promise wedding pictures by the end of the week. We should get them from the photographer on Thursday and I can post them after that. Today I took my printout from the Social Security office to the DMV and got my new driver's license. I am an official resident of Missouri and my name is Careen Valentine. I have been dreading the DMV. It is usually such a painful experience. However, it was actually quite pleasant. Downtown Clayton is very close to our apartment. So I just walked. I talked to my mom on the way there and went to the bank on my way home. The DMV was smaller than my living room. I didn't have to wait in line and I was there for less than 20 minutes.

I really like the area we live in. We are 5 miles east of Mark's job. He bikes there and back, mostly through a huge beautiful park with lakes, fountains, trails, museums, and the free St. Louis zoo. We are on the same block with good friends from the ward. We are 5 miles west of the county library where I can do research. We are a mile from downtown Clayton, and a mile from the grocery store. We are a mile and a half from target, walmart, sams, lowes, bed bath and beyond, world market, whole foods, trader joes and lots of other great shopping. So, yes, gas is expensive, but we aren't filling up much more than once a month. We love our new home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're so happy there. Walking is good :)

CINDI said...

Sounds like the legal changing of the name has been fairly painless. Hurrah! Enjoy life in Clayton, MO as Ceene Valentine.