Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Pretty Apartment

I know, I know. You all just want to see wedding pictures. But I don't have them yet. As soon as I do, I will post oodles of them. You might actually be annoyed by how many of them there will be. But for now, please be satisfied with these pictures of our beautiful apartment...and try not to be annoyed by how many of them there are.
This is the family room.

...and this is the family room from a distance.
...and this is the other side of the family room. Also, you can see the enourmous TV that Mark bought for our apartment.

This is our small but functional kitchen. We have a brand new gas stove/oven (came with the apartment) a deep freeze/extra counter space (we added), and shelving to compensate for the dismal amount of cupboard space (we also added). Our kitchen also features beautiful dishes, fun appliances, and other great gismos thanks to all of our incredibly generous friends and family.

This is our cozy bedroom. It's kind of Rose's Room meets Esther's Garden meets Careen's college bedroom. Most of you have no idea what that means...and that's ok.

Oh, and here is the other side of our cozy bedroom.

And this is our random second room. It is mostly an empty floor with stuff against the walls. There are bookcases and a computer, so I guess that makes it an office.

Yes, here you can see all of the empty space. It will be great if I ever decide to, I don't know, do a hobby? Sometimes those require spreading out, yes? There is also a lot of space in the main area. You only saw the family room, but there is also another side of the room (across from the windows) that is home to our dining room table. I would have included a picture of the dining area, except that we don't have any chairs yet. Maybe in a couple months I can post a picture, and it will be exciting, because we will have new chairs.
Thanks to mom and dad Barrett and mom and dad Valentine for making sure we had furniture for our pretty apartment. We are forever grateful.

5 comments:

Britley said...

Careen! So cute! And I need your address sometime. Could you send it to me on facebook or however is easiest?

CINDI said...

What a wonderful apartment. I can't wait to come visit, but will wait a couple of three months since you are just newlyweds.

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

What a cute apartment! I'm so excited you guys have a blog! That's the way to go if you want to inform multiple people on what's going on in your life with minimal effort. Congratulations also on everything!

Jessie said...

Beautiful! You've done a great job of decorating. Isn't it fun? Marriage totally rocks, am I right? P.S. I've totally been married a full year. Crazy.

Brandi Lyn said...

Aw you guys are so cute! I love your cute new apt. Being newlyweds is so magical. I'm SO happy for you!