Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

Mark and I met my parents and Meara and Lucien in Keokuk for Thanksgiving. Mark was awesome and made a big festive dinner. He even made some gluten free dishes to accommodate our guests. Below are some pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend:



Mark wearing my sunglasses 'cause he forgot his. Nice, huh?



And, as always, the river...



...was beautiful; so...



...eat your heart out, Jessie!!!



On the way (ok not really "on the way"), but as we were leaving town, we went to Rutledge, Missouri, to shop at the Mennonite dry goods store there. It is awesome!! We love it. That cart full of goodies was part of my birthday celebration.



When we got home we did a "holiday puzzle." For me, anytime is a good time to do a puzzle. For Mark, the holidays are a particularly good time to do a puzzle. So, in keeping with his, and to begin our new tradition, we did a "holiday puzzle." (Note: this specific puzzle is also considered a "holiday puzzle" because Mark gave it to me for Christmas last year, and, as we all know, Christmas is a holiday.)



On Sunday morning, we woke up to our first SNOW!!! We had a few flurries earlier, but this was the first time that flakes of snow collected themselves on flat surfaces and remained there for long enough to take a picture. What you see above is the view from our kitchen window...lovely.



AND...since I am the coolest wife EVER, Mark got a pre-Christmas present! And XBOX 360 elite!!!...yea!!!! All in all, it was a pretty great Thanksgiving break. Thanks to Mom, Dad, Meara, Lucien, Joan and Co., the xbox, snow, the "holiday puzzle," Rutledge Dry Goods, the kitchen window, my sunglasses, and the mighty Mississippi (whew...) for making it all happen.

6 comments:

mc_valentizzle said...

Somehow I thought I would have gotten a mention for helping to make it a good Thanksgiving too. Maybe not top of the list, but at least as much as your sunglasses or the kitchen window.

Kev and Chels said...

HEY! I found you guys on CAssie and York's Blog. Love how that happens! How do you know those guys? Cassie and I have been friends since our freshman year at BYU, so over 8years now! Feel free to check out our blog at www.kevandchels.blogspot.com. I will warn you that it might be boring as it is laden with "isn't my kid cute" stories and photos:)

CP said...

I remember there were always puzzles at your house when we were younger. What a lovely Thanksgiving you had!

rasty said...

oh friend! Only you could go get birthday dinner supplies at a Mennonite dried goods store ;)

I hope the xbox doesn't mean you're still alone when Mark gets home.

Love you friend! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and birthday...PS call me sometime.

Jessie said...

Uh, no fair! You KNOW I love that river and Keokuk and Nauvoo and all things in relation. And I love you. And miss you. The end.

Laurel said...

personally i do not think that your holiday puzzle looks anything like a holiday puzzle. for inaugurating a new tradition i'd think you could at least find something with a trimmed tree or presents or a nutcraker or bing crosby or SOMETHING besides a boat.