Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here's why I'm happy...

-First of all, Charles is in town. Yea!!! We love having friends at our house.
-A friend from church let me borrow her baby TWICE this week.
-My sister-in-law found one of my three missing socks. (I bought six pairs of nice socks over Christmas. I wore each pair once, and lost the matches to three of the pairs. It was very sad.)
-I am done speaking in church.
-At church, a friend helped me figure out that what I really want to eat is Eggo waffles and I magically found some in the bottom of my freezer.
-And finally, it is really cold here and I can't sit on my side of the couch without feeling a breeze from my closed windows. So when I got home, I put on some very warm clothes in which to cuddle up in bed and eat my Eggos. I am wearing the knee-high stockings I wore to church, pink fuzzy socks, pink pajama pants under over-sized sweat pants, the green blouse I wore to church, and my purple fur coat that I bought at an antique store last summer. I haven't quite gotten it tweaked to the point I would wear in in public, but it is VERY warm. You might question the wisdom of eating syrupy Eggos in bed while wearing a fur coat, and you would be justified since I just dribbled syrup all down my front...yet, the warmth and the food are making me happy enough to make up for it.

6 comments:

Moonsahra said...

You totally just made my day. I can just see the purple coat! Now if only you could find a matching one for Mark...

Amy and Spencer said...

Reading that post just made me happy.

Cassie said...

I have the brown sock!!!

Careen said...

YEA!!!! I'm 66.6% recovered.

Laus said...

I think you need to call me like today already. Ready dial in your phone: 801.921.3353.
And you make me happy too.

Charles said...

I'm glad you like visitors because you might have one again very soon. Check out facebook or ask Mom if you need details. I'll try to figure something out so you guys can keep the car.