Monday, February 15, 2010

THIS and THIS and THIS

I haven't posted in a while, but for good reason. A lot has been going on, but I wanted to wait until the perfect moment to put out the press release. So, here goes...

Two years ago on Valentine's Day, Mark gave me THIS:


Then yesterday, on Valentine's Day, Mark bought me THIS:


It is in St. Louis, which means we will continue living in St. Louis, while Mark gets a his combined MD/PhD from THIS school:



We are very excited that Mark will be in his top choice program at his top choice school. We are also very excited to become homeowners. But mostly we are excited about THIS:


I was fifteen weeks pregnant yesterday, Valentine's Day. (This picture is from Thursday.) We call him (it) Bun. On March 11, they will tell us Bun is a boy.

On March 25, we will close on our new house.

On May 1, our lease is up and we will be all moved into our new house.

On August 7-8, Bun is due.

This fall, Mark will leave his job and start medical school.

There has been a lot of uncertaintly for the last couple years. And now, all of a sudden, our big unknowns have all disappeared. I am grateful that my not so graceful patience, has been rewarded. Things have worked out more perfectly than we could have imagined, and we feel incredibly blessed.

11 comments:

alee said...

Woohoo! That is a lot of good news- congrats guys! -the Vernons

Rebecca Jo said...

I have to admit I feel a bit choked up at your wonderful news! It's a happy- choke kind of feeling because I am so happy for you and a feeling that causes reflection in my own life when things fell into place and I felt the love of God. It is wonderful to know we are never alone. Congratulations!!!!!
Rebecca

Britley said...

Yea!!! So excited for you! What a cute little house! And a sweet baby to help fill it! Isn't amazing how things work out sometimes?

KevandChels said...

Wow! That's a lot to congratulate you on! All so awesome- congrats to two people who really deserve it!!

Kira said...

Congrats! On Everything! Hope all goes well with your pregnancy!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting--all of it! I understand the lag in blogging--I was 13 weeks yesterday with our second baby, so it sounds like we've probably been in the same boat--have you been pretty sick? Congrats again!

Adam said...

Wow so much exciting stuff! Is the house in the ward boundaries?

Amy and Spencer said...

Here is my comment, I am so excited for you!!!!!

laradouglasphotography.blogspot.com said...

I'm sooo happy for you! Next time I'm there visiting fam I want to see you! Congrats on everything! Its so wonderfull!!!!

Jamie Simms said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats!! That is so exciting! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys! We just put an offer in on a house yesterday. It's exciting yet I'm so nervous at the same time. Good luck with the pregnancy. I hope it goes smoothly for you. You're are going to be a rock star mom!!

Laus said...

Wow!!!! A new home!!! One that'll be all yours to mow the lawn and repair the sink leak! ;) I'm SOOOO hApPy for YOU!!! (PS have you read Jessie's blog lately??? My friends are happy and that makes me happy. But don't hold your breath waiting for me to drink your water and join your bun cookin club this year...the laus are still renters with no room for expansion:).)