Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Walgreens

I didn’t plan on doing any Walgreens shopping this week because none of the advertised sales really interested me. But I realized I needed mascara and decided to see if I could work a deal. After brainstorming a bit, getting lucky, and scouring the sale items, I ended up getting the following:


Transaction 1:


$10 Bayer Contour digital blood glucose monitoring system
Free Ecotrin 45 count (with $2 off coupon)
I got a $10 reward for the Contour and a $2 reward for the Ecotrin

Total out of pocket- $10.78

Transaction 2:

$12.99 Revlon hair dryer (regularly $20)
Free Ecotrin 45 count (with $2 off coupon)
I got a $10 reward for the dryer and a $2 reward for the Ecotrin

Rewards used- $10 from Transaction 1
Total out of pocket- $3.22

Transaction 3:

Free Ecotrin 45 count (with $2 off coupon)
$1.59 Coconut Lime bodywash soap (clearance)
$5.29 COVER GIRL MASCARA (the reason I needed to go to the store)
$.89 Crystal Light drink mix (with $1 off coupon and clearance price)
$.89 Crystal Light drink mix (with $1 off coupon and clearance price)
$1.49 Karo light corn syrup 16oz (clearance)
$.49 Ground Cayenne pepper 2.82oz (clearance)
$1.59 Cutter bug spray 6oz (with $2 off coupon and clearance price)
I got a $2 reward for the Ecotrin

Rewards used- $10 from Transaction 2, $2 from Transaction 2
Total out of pocket- $0.31

Transaction 4:

Free Ecotrin 45 count (with $2 off coupon)
I got a $2 reward for the Ecotrin

Total out of pocket- $0.00


After all transactions, I spent $14.31, I have 3 $2.00 rewards for future purchases, and I will get a $10 rebate by mail for the Bayer Contour. That means I will be reimbursed for all but $4.31 of my purchase, which is less than the cost of the mascara (the reason I went to the store in the first place). AND, I still have $6 of free stuff coming my way.

I needed a hair dryer. The one I have is a second-hand freebie that is on its last legs.
I will donate the Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
Mark’s been asking me to buy more ground cayenne pepper.

So, all in all, it was a pretty successful trip. Wouldn’t you say?

3 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

I was wondering what you were going to do with the blood glucose monitor :) With Jason's newly discovered diabetes, we now have three of those in our house. Pretty nifty little gadgets! You are an excellent shopper, I need to learn how to do that.

CValentine said...

I listed it on ebay. I might get a few bucks off it, but probably not. I'll probably donate it...know of anyone? anywhere? I could give it to?

Mavelous said...

That's astounding work. I wouldn't have believed it was possible.