Friday, May 21, 2010

Just some random updates

I went from "I love pregnancy" to "get this baby out of me right now" overnight. It was the night before our housewarming party. I was up WAY too late chopping all sorts of random things. Mark cut off the tip of his pinky, which was bloody and stressful. Then as I was working on the mangos I started to black out. When Mark gave me the canned chipotles to chop, the exhaustion and lightheadedness mixed just right with the mango and chipotle smells to make me incredibly nauseated. When I went to the bathroom to lean over the toilet for a couple minutes, Mark insisted I go to bed.

The housewarming party was a disappointment. It rained all day. So, our outdoor barbecue got moved inside. None of our sweet friends complained, but there were a lot of people standing and sitting on the floor. We had tons of food and no where for people to eat it. Thanks to my supportive friends, who all just rolled with it, I felt much less like curling up and dying by the end of the party.

It took five days for me to not feel perpetually tired. During that five days I discovered that I will sleep better if I have my own bed. So, as much as I hated to do it, I moved into the guest room. The mattress in there is better for my back.

Bun moves a lot. He always has. It is still cute and funny, but also VERY painful. Here we are at 28 weeks and 2 days (Tuesday 18 May 2010):


These are the freezer-ready meat leftovers from the housewarming party. This is after the party, our ward linger-longer, Mark's work party, and guests for dinner twice. There was a LOT of food.


Mark was out of town, but he sent me these beautiful flowers for our second anniversary. They lived for almost two weeks, keeping me cheerful through all the stress and fatigue.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Your party was absolutely lovely, so don't even let that worry you. Sorry you're so exhausted. You look amazing though, if that's any consolation! I can't believe how much food you guys have left over, especially since it was so tasty!

Sarah McK said...

Holy cow, you've only been married for two years?! I thought it was a lot longer for some reason.

Sorry that the baby is hurting you so much already at 28 weeks. Yikes. Callum loved kicking me in the ribs. HARD. As silly as it sounds, I kept checking my torso because I was honestly convinced there must be bruising from him that would show up on the outside. At least you're by far the thinnest and most stunning woman I've ever known personally!

Good luck!

Laus said...

Friend! Bun is likely to keep hurting. Does your belly ever feel like it's stretched thin so much it's going to burst and oh how it hurts. Another pregnant friend of mine reminded me of that when she asked me if that was normal. Oh how it'll be worth it in the end and you'll forget the other things...like Sarah said about checking to see your bruises you for sure know should be there because the kid's kicking, punching, hitting SOOOO hard!
AND you ARE BEAUTIFUL!
PS please take it easy!