Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ode to a Salad



Dear Salad,

I love you
I made you
You are beautiful
You are delicious

I can't eat you
You give my baby gas
You taunt me
I hate you

Careen

On a more cheerful, but still food related note, I had an awesome grocery trip today. Pictured below is $100 (really more, since it was all on sale) worth of groceries. I spent $19.42, including tax, and I left with $13.50 in Shop N Save dollars to use next time, and a buy one get one formula coupon. If you look closely, I got a can of formula, a lifetime supply of Cheerios, and four boxes of Gushers, for which I have an unnatural affinity.

5 comments:

CINDI said...

Glad to see some veggies in there. You are great but sometimes I think what are they going to eat when you show your super shopping skills. Keep up the good work.

CValentine said...

I obviously supplement with other groceries.

Jamie Simms said...

Okay, so how do you do that?

Laus said...

I love it! You are a fantastic shopper! This past week at rite aid they'll end up paying me $8.67 after my rebate check...but then we went back today and spent 7.40 on 10 bags of candy for halloween, 6 king size candy bars, 2 cans of blue diamond nuts and some eye make up...but I guess that's okay!
Also...I really enjoyed Mark's posts of Dillon. You are doing so well. I just want to come spend a couple of days with you already!!! But that'll have to wait until next fall.

Sarah McK said...

What the crap?! $19?! I don't think there are enough coupons in the world...I think you brainwashed the cashiers or something!