Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fat feet shoes

I've been feeling sorry for myself today. Ever since D fell, things have been stressful. Yesterday, we had several incidents related to bodily fluids occur during the 3 errands I had to get done during his 1 hour of wakeful/fed time between naps. Plus, I was concerned about possible delayed neurological symptoms from the fall. Then, this morning, Dillon proved that he really is sick. So, I spent most of my hands-free time calling the doctor, insurance company, and local (we are out of town) urgent care options. Also, 20 minutes before morning bottle time, I put our only bottle in a microwave sterilization bag out of which it came completely unusable. As I tried to make a mad dash to the drugstore for a bottle, we had more fluid issues that required immediate attention. I was pretty stressed all day.

Then, I realized that I am not the one who fell on my head and the next day fell ill. And, still, I fell apart. But, poor bear is sick and needs me to be together. So, I put me back.

Now, I'm together.

Dillon is getting better.

And, we got a steal of a deal on some fat feet shoes.

1 comment:

Laus said...

Oh, Careen. I love you! This reminded me of a time Ava would blow out of her diaper twice everyday with some really awful mess for like 2 weeks. I chalked it up to teething pains. The second time it started to happen it turned out to be a bad canister of baby formula...yes I have often wondered if that first time I fed my baby poison for 2 weeks....Joys of being a Mom. You never do feel like you've been the best at every moment but you should know and feel you are doing your best. And that is enough.