Friday, April 15, 2011

Some happenings

We had a nice week. It was so nice, I wish you could have been here to enjoy it with us.

On Sunday...

I got tired of feeding Dillon his finger foods. He still has no teeth, so he doesn't eat them very quickly. (Unless it is something slippery and soft, like canned peaches, that he can swallow whole, in which case, keep up.) He shows very little improvement in self feeding despite quite a bit of practice. Sometimes he just stares at his hand, as if willing it to do his bidding. And yet, I end up doing his bidding...one Cheerio at a time.

In my frustration, I handed him the whole string cheese. He ate the whole thing, without incident, and has since had success with crackers, apple wedges, and celery.





On Tuesday morning...

Dillon found an empty soda cup that was leftover from Monday night. He spent a good part of the morning playing "Harry Potter" with the straw. He even conjured up some real magic. He is holding the straw in both pictures, but in the second one, you can't see it....aaAAAaaah.



On Tuesday afternoon...

We had a nature lesson. We learned that if you don't plant any seeds, and if
nothing happened last year, you will still get beautiful tulips in your front yard. The spring fairies leave them in the yards of good little boys to welcome them to their first spring. One of my deepest fears is that my children will be too soon, too grounded in reality. Dream, little one, while you still can.




On Friday...

Dillon took ENORMOUS strides. On Thursday, he did a bit of downward dog, but it was pretty weak. He also did a little backward scooting, but it was nothing compared to the progress he made Friday. He got stuck under the bed! This is huge, right? This is the first time he has ever gotten stuck somewhere, because he is mobile enough to GET somewhere! And check out the downward dogs he was doing during "Baby Signing Time"




Also, I bought him a pool. It came in the mail Friday. I couldn't set it up because it was raining. But I was excited, so I introduced the boy to the pool anyway. Having never seen a pool, and therefore, not knowing what a pool is, and having spent the afternoon with what I told him was a pool...well, I'm glad he's not old enough to be confused by all this. For now, all that matters is that he loves to ride his pool.

2 comments:

Laus said...

I LOVE, love, LOVE it! I took a day trip to Fillmore yesterday with a friend to her grandparents' farm. We spent like 4 hours outside...Ava more like 5-6 hours outside...I forgot and didn't even think about sunscreen. Yup, we're both both bright cherry red.
Hope you get sun for the pool today!

Danelle said...

I love spring fairies who leave magic tulips in your yard! Cute photos of Dillon. I love reading about all his (and your) adventures.