Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I 'heart' Boston Fire Department

I went to Boston a couple weeks ago to visit my sister. I got bored one day while she was at work, so I went outside to take some pictures of her building.



I was pretty good about taking the stairs to the fourth floor the whole time I was there. Since I am a lazy pregnant person, I figured it would be good for me. But, being a lazy pregnant person, I didn't feel like taking the stairs when I came in from taking pictures. So, I got in the elevator, the door shut, I pushed the "4", and...nothing. I pushed the "4"...nothing. I pushed the "open"...nothing. So, I took out my cell phone and called the Department of Public Safety number posted on the wall. They connected me with the fire department, and they promptly came to get me out. Although they came promptly, I was in there for about 40 minutes. It took a while for them to get the door open. I heard lots of metal on metal, swearing, and parts of the door falling to the basement. None of these sounds were encouraging. But, eventually, I got out. And I had time to take some pictures of the inside of my sister's building.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Laurel told me this story right when we got there, but being a lazy pregnant person with a 30+ pound toddler in tow, I still took the elevator virtually every time. Luckily, we did not get caught. At least you weren't in there with a 2-year-old!

It's good that she'll have some pictures of the front of her building. You should take pictures of my buildings when you visit me.

CValentine said...

Yeah, unfortunately, the light was bad. The only one I kept is the one I posted.

Jessie Evans said...

I can't wait to find out if Bun is a boy or girl. I mean, if Bun is a boy we could totally play matchmaker. And I'm sorry you got stuck in an elevator. I think I would have freaked out.

ps, my word verification is intaxecu. Does that mean when you're in line to pay taxes?