Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!



We hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I confess, I let myself get a little wrapped up in all the Easter trappings this year. I was excited for Dillon's excitement, and I didn't spend enough time reflecting on the real reason for the celebration. But, we aren't having Easter dinner until tomorrow night, so I still have time.

On Saturday, Dillon and I scrambled to find a public Easter egg hunt. I won't do that again. I thought it was what I was supposed to do. I paid $5 and a pack of diapers to get Dillon in, and he got 10 eggs, each of which had a tootsie roll or mini smarties inside. Plus, there were tons of people and you have to wait for your age group, etc. I understand why my parents never took us to these things when I was a kid. For $5/kid, you can set up an awesome egg hunt in your backyard, with no lines, no schedule, no driving/parking/walking, AND you can tell your kid that the Easter Bunny (not the radio station) hid the eggs. Lesson learned.

Dillon doesn't love egg hunting, as it turns out. He loves egg opening, though. It was hard to keep him focused on gathering. He also doesn't like the Easter Bunny. I went to Walgreens to pick up some pictures and they were doing free pictures with the Easter Bunny. I tried to take advantage, but Dillon was terrified of the man sized rabbit and wouldn't get anywhere near it. He offered it a tentative wave from the safety of my arms. Our picture turned out dark and fuzzy and shows an unhappy Dillon sitting on my lap, next to the Bunny. Oh well, they also gave him a free balloon, and he LOVES balloons.

Here are some pictures from the Saturday egg hunt.









This morning, Dillon put on his Eton suit which the Easter Bunny left. It is a little big, but I think he looked cute. Mark thinks he looked ridiculous. You decide.




After church, and a nap, Dillon got to dig into his Easter swag. You should have seen him dive into that basket.


Then we went outside to hunt for more eggs. Again, Mommy gathered eggs while Dillon sat on the porch eating jelly beans. Still, it was fun.

2 comments:

Amy and Spencer said...

Cute pics! Glad to see you had a fun Easter!

Laus said...

Ava didn't even get to a hunt this year. I spent the two weeks prior caught up in all the family visitors that kept coming (first my SIL, then Steve's Grandma, Aunt, & cousin, and then my ex-SIL and nephew). But she LOVED going shopping for her Easter dress and hunting for her 8 eggs around our living room.
Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons I don't want to go to a public egg hunt. I was thinking about it.