Saturday, July 25, 2009

Confession

Before I begin, let me be clear. I feel REALLY bad about this. Even though I couldn't have for seen it or done anything to prevent it, it happened on my watch and I can't make it better. Evelyn has a lot of big plastic toys. Yesterday, she had one in the living room. She stood up and picked the toy up by its handle and looked like she was going to take it back in her room. At the last second, she decided to swing the massive plastic toy up over her head and it slammed into the wall to the right side of the door frame. The dent is pretty bad. I couldn't get mad at her because it was an accident, but we went to the wall and talked about how the wall got an owie and how we have to be more careful with our toys because wall owies make Mommy very sad. She must have been listening because when we read "Olivia," she points to this picture and says, "Wall, owie."



No comments: