Friday, July 24, 2009

Evelyn and Careen Party 2, cont.







We had a cupcake after dinner and then Evelyn had some 1% milk. We didn't make it out again for the whole. Maybe tomorrow. Evelyn went to bed on time and, again, silently. She is now sleeping soundly. If you haven't sat in a rocking chair in a dark room with a 2-year-old snuggled up with you and sung "I Am a Child of God," "I Love to See the Temple," "Love is Spoken Here," and "A Child's Prayer," you should try it. The songs will take on a whole new meaning and you will be so overcome with emotion that you may even tear up a bit. I am very grateful to my parents for teaching me the simple and fundamental truths expressed in those songs. I remember my mother singing them to me when I was very small, and I look forward to singing them to my own children. But for now, I am grateful just to be able to sing them to Evelyn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Evelyn is a very lucky girl to have such a fun aunt. And I am very grateful for the updates. I especially love the first picture :)

CValentine said...

...happy to help!

Erika Wittorf Site said...

She is georgous! I hope my children have ringlets.