Thursday, July 23, 2009

Evelyn and Careen Party 1

Evelyn woke up from her nap to find Mommy was gone. She cried. We had a talk and I explained to her that Mommy went on a trip with Daddy, and they would be back on Nursery day after nap. I told her that Mommy and Daddy have been married FIVE years and they are celebrating with a "Mommy and Daddy Party." Then I told her that we were going to have an "Evelyn and Careen Party!" And she said, "Party!" Then she ate some cottage cheese and some of my string cheese. During the cheese portion of the party, we came up with a plan. First, we would go see the boats and play with the stroller. Then we would go to the store. Then we would come home and watch Sesame Street. We were really excited. We went downstairs, out the door, opened the umbrella, and started to walk. The I said, "It's really wet and cold." Then she said, "Cooold...all wet." So we went inside, closed the door, and had another talk. We decided to have an inside party today, and do boats and store tomorrow. So we watched Sesame Street, read stories, did puzzles, colored, played Hide and Seek, talked to Laurel, talked to Nonna, and learned to make elephant sounds. Then it was dinner time. I gave her some of my "treat juice." She took a sip and said, "Yummy." Then she said, "Thank you," handed me the cup, and said, "Water." Then we put on monkey jammies and a clean diaper, drank some milk, read some stories, sang some songs, and then Evelyn SILENTLY went to bed. She coached me a lot along the way, but we had a good inside party. And now I'm gonna watch TV. I love TV.

1 comment:

Laus said...

You're the best auntie EVER! mwah! I love your stories.