Saturday, July 25, 2009

Evelyn and Careen Party 3

We woke up at 8 again today. We took our time this morning and left the house around 10:30-11. We went to a different playground so we could swing and so I wouldn't buy anymore cupcakes. It was lots of fun, and I was trying to be a good aunty and indulge my niece a bit. I let her stay for a really long time. (Almost an hour on the swings.) But it turns out I did her a disservice. I learned today, and should have learned yesterday, that hunger is a major tantrum trigger for Evelyn, and we were VERY late for lunch. Everyone is grumpy when they are hungry. I can't blame her. But we had a really hard time getting in the stroller and trying to walk down the sidewalk with me trying to protect her from her head banging. Once we got to the store, she cheered up. We bought some frozen french "fries" to bake for dinner and finally got some whole milk. After naps, we watched Sesame Street and had snacks. We also had a bath. Bath was interesting. She pooped in the water, and it was pretty soft...if you know what I mean. I seriously don't know how she makes that much poop. But, at least she's regular. It was made somewhat comedic by her commentary. As she stood there, she said, "POOPing!" Then when I pulled her out, she pointed to the water and said, "Clean it." Then as I did, she said, "Gross, gross. Gross." After dinner (don't worry, Emma, she was tired of the fries after like 8 of them) I realized that this was Evelyn's last chance to go get ice cream before Mommy and Daddy come home. So, we took wet curls, OU jammies, monkey, baby, and bib to McDonald's and "shared" a hot fudge sundae. (You can worry about that a little, Emma, since I only got a couple of bites.) Needless to say, I didn't put much in her evening milk cup. I'm surprised she was able to drink any at all. Now she is sleeping peacefully in her bed.

No comments: