Friday, July 24, 2009

Evelyn and Careen Party 2


This morning we woke up at 8:00. We hung out a while, ate breakfast, and then decided to try to go do boats and store since we didn't get to yesterday. We made it to boats. There were LOTS of boats. There were even kayaks and a swimmer. We chased birds and pushed the little pink stroller. Then we decided we wanted to go to a playground. So we walked to 90th and 2nd. We had lots of fun there. Evelyn's favorite part was stealing another child's ball and playing "fetch" with herself. Then, on the way home for lunch, we decided to get some cupcakes since we walked RIGHT past Two Little Red Hens. Unfortunately, Evelyn (for no apparent reason...she wasn't mad) threw her corn on the floor when she was done. I explained that "we don't throw food at this house" and that I couldn't give her any cupcake unless she said she was sorry. I held it in front of her for a long time, trying to coax an apology from her so we could share a cupcake, but she would just NOT say the word "sorry." So I put the cupcake away and cleaned her up for nap time. She didn't seem torn up about it, even though she said a million times that she wanted to cake I had in my hand. Oh, well. Maybe we can have cupcakes later.

Nap time went well. Evelyn went down w/o screaming, and slept for a full hour. Then she played by herself in the dark for another 45 minutes or so. I cleaned the apartment and we left at about 3:30 since the realtor was coming over for a showing. We thought it would be fun to go to Barnes and Noble, read stories, and play with the trains. I looked it up on my phone and walked 1.5 miles only to find there was not a B&N there. So, I looked it up again, only to be told to go back to 3 blocks from home. By the time we got to the second destination and discovered that there was also no B&N there, we were both pretty angry. Can you blame us? I walked 3 miles for no reason, and Evelyn had to sit in her stroller for 1.5 hours for no reason. We decided to go to the store and then go home to watch signing time. BUT, the store had NO whole milk. We are home now, watching signing time and getting ready to go back out again to get milk. Oh, boy. I think I need a cupcake.

No comments: