Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Induction...

We have an appointment for 8am Thursday to be induced. I spent the afternoon at the hospital today. I wasn't there because I was in labor, but they hooked me up to the monitors anyway. By the time we left, I had been having minute long contractions, all the way at the top of the graph (100), every five minutes. This might seem encouraging except that it is only uncomfortable, not helpful. I am still only dilated to 2cm, the same as I was Thursday. I'm hardly effaced at all. Since Bun is healthy and happy, I think it's only fair that he come out so that I have a chance to feel the same. Plus, we need to have a few days with him before Mark has to start med school orientation. So, that's the plan.

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

The good news is that med school orientation is not time consuming or demanding. In fact, since the first year is pass-fail at Wash U the entire year is shockingly chill! First year is a perfect time to have a new baby! We wish Logan would've been working part time his first year to bring in some extra dough! Good luck, can't wait to see that baby!

Laus said...

Yea! I know some induction stories can be awful, but Ava was induced and it wasn't so bad. I started pitocin at 6pm, the Dr. broke my water at 9pm and Ava could have been born at 11pm but the Dr couldn't be found ;) So she came the next day at 1:07AM. Just don't let your nurse up the pitocin at the same time as the Dr. breaks your water...that wasn't smart.
Good Luck! And again, best wishes for all of you!